Chesterfield High School is pleased to announce that our A-level students received a very promising set of A-level results today. As a school community, we would like to congratulate all students on their successes. Students have achieved a set of results which are a testament to their efforts and commitment to study over the past two years.
Our year 13 cohort successfully achieved a 100% pass rate in all subjects studied, with learners achieving 17% of A-level grades at A*-A and 41% at A*-B. With Level 3 BTEC outcomes included, these figures rise to a promising 38% and 50% respectively.
We are very proud of all our students. Many of our students have secured places at a range of universities across the UK, including places at several Russell group institutions. We are especially proud of the following students who have achieved high grades across all the subjects that they studied and, as a result, have earned a place to study at a university.
- Steven Jones achieved four A* grades in the following subjects: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Steven has secured a place to read Mathematics at Warwick University.
- Harriett Byrne achieved an A* in English Literature, A* in Psychology and an A in Biology. Harriet has secured a place to read Archaeology and Anthropology at Oxford University.
- Daniel Gillam achieved an A* in Mathematics, A* in Physics and a Distinction* in ICT. Daniel has secured a place to read Physics with study in continental Europe at Bristol University.
- Michael Howard achieved an A* in Mathematics, A in Further Mathematics and a Distinction* in ICT. Michael has secured a placed to read Mathematics at Leeds University.
- Ava Shillcock achieved an A* in Mathematics, A in Psychology and an A in Chemistry. Ava has secured a placed to read Psychology at Leeds University.
In addition to university successes, we would like to wish our students who have secured a higher level apprenticeship success as they continue on their vocational journey, and to students who have planned to take a gap year before continuing on with their education.
Kevin Sexton, Acting Headteacher, commented “We are delighted with these results. They reflect the dedication of learners and staff who have worked to ensure that our learners achieved excellent results. These are great results and there are so many wonderful success stories that lie beneath these grades. Our school’s vision is ‘For Everyone the Best’ and as a school community, I have confidence that all our students, based on today’s successes, will be able to access their chosen destinations, whether that will be university, apprenticeships or a career. I wish them all the best.”
For further information about the Sixth Form at Chesterfield High School, including applications for September 2019, please contact the school directly.